The railway station nearest Athirappilly Falls is 30 kilometres (19 mi) to the west in Chalakudi Railway Station. The nearest airport is Kochi International Airport, about 55 kilometres (34 mi) southwest of the waterfall. 58 kilometres (36 mi) south of City of Thrissur
View of Athirapally Falls:
Falls soothing sounds take you to the nature’s most relaxing, rejuvenating place.It is the largest waterfall in Kerala, which stands tall at 80 feet.
The charm of the Athirapally nature cannot be describe by words. The thick lush green forest around the beautiful waterfall, will lure you definitely. If you are a person, who love to have an adventurous trip or trekking. The Athirapally waterfalls will be a perfect place for you.
There is a path to the bottom of the waterfall, which will give you a chance to enjoy the spectacular waterfall in close proximity. The view of waterfall is somewhat like that you cannot run away from the memory.
But you must need to somewhat careful while climbing upon the rocks as they may turn slippery and there is a chance for you to fall down.
Movies at Athirapally falls:
The scenic beauty of Athirappilly falls has always been attractive to filmmakers. They took many movies here like:
- The falls are also famous as a site location for “Narumugaye Narumugaye”, a song from the Tamil film Iruvar, act by Mohanlal and actress Aishwarya Rai.
- This waterfall is also a major location for songs like “Behne de” and most scenes in the Hindi film Raavan and Tamil film Raavanan.
- Song from Kannathil Muthamittal of the same name was shot here
- The song “Achi lagti ho” from Kuch Naa Kaho
- A song “Egire Mabbullona” from Happy (2006), Telugu and Malayalam
- The Tamil movie Puli
- Scenes and a song from Baahubali, India’s biggest motion picture